This chicken is so simple and comforting. The trick is to make it when you have a pot of chicken soup cooking so you can use that stock directly. If you use homemade chicken soup or stock for this recipe you will love it ten times more!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken bottoms skin and bones in
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 in shallots cuthalf and peeled
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 box green beans stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large skillet (that is oven proof) on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken and sear for 6 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add half the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the brown bits, deglazing the pan.
- Add the shallots, garlic and let cook for 5 more minutes, mixing once or twice.
- Add the chicken back in and the remaining chicken stock, cover and place in oven for 55 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Remove and add fresh basil right before serve.
|Rate this recipe:||