This is the quickest way to make caramelized onions and it is just so unique and flavorful, it tastes like it took hours to make. If you want to make this even quicker, saute the chicken first in the saute pan (instead of a separate grill pan) and then add a few tablespoons of water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan (scraping up all the brown bits) then add the onions and proceed with regular recipe! (it will taste almost the same but you just won’t get those beautiful grill marks.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 11/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 4 chicken breasts diagonally sliced, making 8 chicken breasts
- 2 purple onions sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 mangoes cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons silan date honey
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- Marinate chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- Prepare a large saute pan on high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot add onions and mix. Let cook for 8 minutes, mixing periodically. Add ½ cup of water and the garam masala, curry powder and ½ teaspoon of salt and mix well. Cook for 5 more minutes, mixing periodically. Add another ½ cup of water and cook for 10 more minutes, mixing periodically until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add mangoes,silan and chili pepper.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add chicken breasts and grill for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat, top with mango chutney and fresh mint right before serve.