Halloumi cheese salad can be found in most cafes in Israel. It is delicious but often the same. Here is a twist on the usual restaurant salad that can be pulled together in minutes! Tuscany spice blend can be found in all spice shops and sometimes in the supermarket. If you don’t live in Israel but come to visit be sure to pick it up at any spice shop or market, it is world’s better than the other versions and not too heavy to bring back!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 king oyster mushrooms sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 box sugar snap pea
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 6 ounces Halloumi cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Tuscany spice blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- In a large salad bowl, add the mushrooms, peppers, sugar snap peas, balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add the mushrooms, peppers and sugar snap peas. Grill for two minutes, give the pan a good shake and stir and grill for 2 more minutes. Place back in salad bowl.
- Without cleaning the grill pan, place it back on the heat and add the cheese. Grill for 2 minutes per side.
- While cheese is grilling, prepare salad dressing. In a jar add the vinegar, remaining olive oil, spice blend and sugar. Shake well.
- In the salad bowl add the lettuce, pomegranates and fresh mint, and cheese. Dress right before serve.