Grilled zucchini chicken salad
This salad seems like a to do but really it’s very quick with very little clean up! The sweetness of the pomegranate with the charred flavor of the zucchini and chicken will make you feel like you're at an upscale barbecue! If you can't find pomegranates, feel free to substitute sundried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 4 pieces pargiot cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 zucchini large, cut into strips
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Prepare a large baking dish with the zucchini strips and add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of paprika and two 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well. Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Grill on each side for two minutes. Place in salad bowl.
- Without cleaning the original dish, add the pargiot, turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of paprika, ½ teaspoon of salt, and two 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well. Place on grill pan for 3-4 minutes per side. Slice when cool and add to salad bowl.
- Add lettuce, pomegranates and scallions.
- In a jar add ¼ cup of red wine vinegar, ⅛ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon of thyme and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Shake well and dress salad right before serve.