The trick to this recipe is to do things in larger batches and be able to pull them out of the freezer the morning of. SO if you are making this, double or triple the dough recipe and freeze it in plastic bags tied into knots and then pull it out whenever you feel like pizza, focaccia or calzones for dinner! See below for roasted pepper recipe. I keep them in my freezer in small sandwich bags and pull them out to add to a tomato sauce, salad, soup, eggs, everything really…
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chili pepper chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fire roasted peppers chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup Halloumi cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounces lox thinly sliced
- In a large bowl add the flour, yeast and 2 teaspoons of salt and mix. Add warm water and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and knead until becomes dough (about 1 minute).Drizzle a little olive oil on dough and rub. Place plastic wrap or a damp cloth over the bowl and put in warm place for 1 hour.
- Remove dough and make it into a large round pizza shape that will fit your skillet. Put oven on broil.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes, chili pepper, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for 5 minutes, mixing regularly. Remove from pan and wipe pan out.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add dough. Turn over after 2 minutes. Add the tomato topping and Halloumi cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and add smoked salmon slices and fresh basil. Add salt to taste