This is a great base recipe for roasting chicken whole. Don’t be afraid of it!!! It tastes worlds better (especially the white meat) and is so easy.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 orange
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 chili pepper cut in half, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Chop the onion in half and small dice one half and place in bottom of sheet pan. Use other half of onion to stuff inside chicken. Cut the orange in half and stuff one half inside the chicken and squeeze the other half in the sheet pan. Add chili pepper and fresh ginger to bottom of pan.
- Place chicken on top breast side up. Add the rest of the spices and sauces (drizzle the honey last) and massage the chicken until it is evenly incorporated.
- Place breast side up in the pan and cover tightly with tinfoil. Place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Turn oven to 425°F. Remove from oven, baste it (use a spoon to spread juices over the chicken) uncover and place back in oven for 20 more minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°F. Carve and serve.
|Rate this recipe:||