Make double the amount of onions and add them to any sandwich, salad, chicken, rice etc They are so flavorful it is worth doubling the recipe and using half for the chummus and half for something else.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions and cook for six minutes, mixing often.
- Add the curry powder and garam masala and a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and mix and let cook for 12 more minutes, mixing periodically.
- In a food processor, add the tahini paste and the rest of the lime juice and 3/4 cups of water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas, onion mixture, garlic, salt, remaining olive oil and cilantro and blend until smooth.