Sweet potato Indian flatbread
This is the easiest recipe ever! Who knew you could make flatbreads so fast! You can make this dough up to 3 days in advance, keep it in a ball with saran wrap in the fridge and take it out when you are ready to make!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 potato peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Place all potato and sweet potato pieces into a medium sized pot and cover with water. Boil on high for 30 minutes or until potatoes are really soft. Drain liquid and mash with wooden spoon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot while potatoes are still warm and knead into a ball until the dough forms.
- Divide dough into 8 balls and flatten them out using your palms and hands.
- Prepare a medium sized skillet on high heat. Spray skillet with olive oil and get hot. Place flattened dough on skillet and let cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add any fresh herbs to this dough, use only sweet potatoes or just regular potatoes, use only whole wheat flour or even gluten free flour!