I find sometimes that it is hard to get a deep flavor when making pasta, because the noodles tend to dominate. By adding some of the water they were cooking in, it helps the flavors stick more to the noodles! Don't be scared of the anchovies, they don't taste like anchovies in this dish they just add a unique saltiness that you will enjoy!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 cherry tomato medley halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 box anchovy filets removed from oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 cups fresh basil stems removed
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup parmesan freshly grated
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to box directions, making sure not to over cook. Drain, but save 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Prepare a skillet or large saute pan on high heat. When hot add olive oil. After 1 minute add the onions, garlic and tomatoes and anchovies and stir occasionally, letting it brown for about five minutes.
- Add wine and let cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add pasta and water and mix for 3 minutes.
- Turn off flame, add olives, basil and Parmesan.
|Rate this recipe:||