Jerusalem artichoke and butternut squash fries
Jerusalem artichokes (also called sunchokes) should not be confused with regular artichokes. They look like fresh ginger and have a nutty potato flavor to them. If you have leftover fries be sure to eat them within a day or two. Peel the artichokes with a peeler and then carefully slice them, because they are delicate and can fall apart if not handled gently.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 butternut squash
- 6 Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Peel the Jerusalem artichoke and butternut squash and slice them like french fries.
- Prepare 1 - 2 sheet pans with parchment paper, place all ingredients on sheet pans and mix well until evenly incorporated, not overlapping too much.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden on the outside and soft on the inside.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add more oil to this recipe if you want them to taste more fried.