Juicy chicken and beef burgers
This recipe is just so easy and just so juicy! You can prep the burgers the day before but be sure to grill them only right before you eat them!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 onions
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tangerines juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons silan
- Place the ground chicken in one bowl and the ground beef in another bowl. In each bowl add 1 onion, finely chopped, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and the juice of 1 tangerine. Mix well. Using the palms of your hands create small burgers.
- Slice remaining 3 onions into thick rounds. Place in a third bowl and add remaining salt, turmeric powder and mustard.
- Prepare a griddle pan or large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the onions and cook 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat back into the bowl and add the juice of 1 tangerine and the silan, mix well.
- Wipe out the pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the burgers and using your thumb press down the middle part. Let the beef ones cook for 3 minutes per side and the chicken ones cook 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot and top with onions.
Notes & Tips:
You could also use this recipe for lamb and turkey burgers. Feel free to slice an avocado and fresh tomato and place on top with some salt.
I will have to figure out where to find silan. For now, do you know of a good substitute?
Hi Lenny, Maple syrup is a great substitute and honey works well too!