Kale chickpea salad
If you don’t like anchovies, this dish IS FOR YOU! It is not fishy at all, just salty, garlicky, fresh and delicious!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 can anchovies in oil
- 3 lemons juiced
- 4 cloves garlic zested
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 4 ounces kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- Chop the anchovies until they become a paste (or use a mortar and pestle)
- Add them to the bottom of the serving bowl, add the rest of the ingredients except the kale and chickpeas and whisk well.
- Add the kale and chickpeas and marinate until it is evenly incorporated. Salt to taste.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add anything else you please to this salad, like peppers, purple onions, tomatoes, peas or corn!