This is a great way to introduce dark greens into your eating habits. The kale is not overwhelming but pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the mango and the tartness of the fresh ginger.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 1/2 cups barley
- 3 mangos cut into small cubes
- 2 cups kale stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 red peppers diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated
- Place barley in pot covered in water with an extra 4-6 inches of water on top. Cook on high for 30 minutes and drain.
- In the bottom of a serving bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Add kale, mango, peppers and barley and mix well. Make at least an hour in advance.