If you are a cilantro hater, make this anyways and just leave out the cilantro! If you are a cilantro lover, you don't even need to remove the cilantro from its stems, just roughly chop it at the top part and embrace the stems!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 sweet potato large, cut into thin wedges
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces kale cut into bite size pieces
- 1 mango cut into cubes, or craisons
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place sweet potatoes, onions, garlic powder, curry powder, ½ teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil and mix well. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden on the outside and the sweet potatoes are soft on the inside
- In a large bowl whisk together the rest of the olive oil, vinegar, honey and salt. Add the kale and mix with your hands until the kale gets softer, about 1 minute.
- Add mangoes, almonds, sweet potatoes, onions and cilantro. Mix well. Serve warm or room temperature.
Notes & Tips:
If mangoes are not in season, feel free to substitute them with papayas, oranges, persimmons, red delicious apples or just leave them out! The crunchy onions add such a nice deep flavor to this dish but feel free to add a protein to it and make it more filling (grilled tofu, smoked turkey, pulled chicken, sliced steak)