Kasha mushroom salad
I’m going to make kasha have a comeback. Most people don’t like it because it is usually cooked bland and dry. It is so delicious and so good for you! Try this recipe for a guarantee of a new liking for this food that will give you so much your body needs!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 1/2 cups kasha
- 4 1/2 cups boiled water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 box mushrooms sliced if need
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 1/4 cup Fresh thyme stems removed
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the kasha and mix well. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Add the boiled water, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions and let cook for 2 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the thyme and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add to kasha, mix well and add the fresh thyme. Salt to taste.