Most people use leeks for leek potato soup and not much else. I love finding alternative ways to cook these sweet and large onions!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 leek only white part, sliced horizontally
- 4 scallions sliced horizontally
- 1/2 purple onion sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- In a salad bowl add the leeks, onions and scallions, drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat.
- Prepare grill pan on high heat. Add onion mixture, in batches for 6 minutes, giving it a mix once. Remove from grill and place back in the oily bowl. Add the lettuce.
- In a jar, add the remaining olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and thyme. Shake well and pour right before serve.
|Rate this recipe:||