Lentil salad with grilled peppers and fresh spinach
Keep this recipe parve and use the leftovers to make a great dinner! Add chicken, feta cheese or pulled salmon and you have a meal. It also happens to be beautiful!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 cups lentils
- 2 cups baby peppers cut in half, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 2 cups spinach packed cups
- Place lentils in a pot and cover with 3 inches of water. Boil for 20-30 minutes until al dente.
- In a serving bowl, add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, chili flakes and ginger and mix well.
- Add peppers and mix.
- Prepare a non stick grill pan on high heat. Add peppers, leaving liquid in the bowl, and grill for five minutes, mixing once.
- Add lentils and spinach and mix well.
- Serve warm, room temperature or even cold!