As the weather is getting colder, there is nothing like having a big pot of soup on the fire. This is my version of lentil soup but feel free to play around with the vegetables you put in!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 chicken legs and thighs attached
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 chili pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Place a large pot on high heat. Add all the ingredients (except mint) and enough water to fill the pot. Let cook on medium heat for at least two hours.
- Remove from heat and add salt to taste and fresh mint.