Lettuce salad with quinoa and sliced brie
This dressing goes with so many more salads so make extra in a jar and have it for the week. It is even great with just fresh baby spinach! Adding quinoa to this salad makes this meal more filling, with more nutrients but in a very subtle and light way!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces lettuce leaves
- 3 ounces brie cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil sliced
- 1 box cherry tomatoes whole
- 2 purple onion sliced into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon silan
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine ½ cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place grill pan on high heat
- Place tomatoes, onions, Olive oil, balsamic vinegar in salad bowl and mix, don't clean after!
- Place on grill and stir occasionally 5 minutes or until likenes
- Place lettuce, quinoa, brie and fresh basil in same salad bowl, add grilled vegetables and dressing and serve
- Place all ingredients in jar and shake well, pour on salad when ready to serve!