Radish marinated onion salad
You can make this salad without lentils to save time, but they add depth and flavor! I love the colors of this salad. You can also add chicken to it!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup black lentils
- 4 ounces mixed baby greens
- 6 radishes cut in half
- 6 dates pitted
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1 purple onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place lentils in a small or medium sized pot, covered in water. Place on stove top and cook for 30 minutes, until firm but cooked through. Drain and place in bowl.
- Add the mixed greens, radishes, dates and pomegranates to the bowl.
- In a separate jar, add the purple onion, basil, vinegar, sugar, salt and olive oil. Shake well and pour on salad right before serve.