Melt in your mouth rosemary brisket
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 chili pepper thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1 mango sliced
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons silan
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a large skillet or Dutch oven on high heat.
- Season your brisket with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to your pan and get hot but not smoking. Add the meat (be careful it will splatter a bit) Leave in pan without touching and let sear for 8 minutes per side.
- Remove and add the rest of the ingredients except the chicken stock. Mix well. Add ¼ cup of chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the meat back in and the rest of the chicken stock.
- Cover and place in oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven and turn the brisket over, cover and place back in oven for 2-3 more hours until brisket is falling apart from a fork.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add fresh thyme and sage to amp up the flavor a bit!