This dish is surprisingly filling, I figured 2 sweet potatoes per person, but if you are serving a lot of other things then figure 1/2 a sweet potato per person. Serve with grilled corn, rice, or a fresh salad.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes like a present, so they are completely closed in by the tinfoil and place them on the parchment paper and in the oven for 1 hour. (This can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- In a serving bowl add the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese. Mix well.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and use a spoon to completely open them. Add cheese inside and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Top with the Mexican avocado salsa!