Mexican nachos and bean dip
I crave nachos on a weekly basis. Here is a really fun recipe that will create a flavor party in your mouth!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 6 whole wheat tortilla wraps cut into triangles
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1 long spicy green pepper thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 can black beans or 1 cup cooked beans
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the triangles and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the onions, pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the black beans, juice of 1 lime and salt and cook for 8 more minutes, mixing often.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on triangles and place in oven for 3 minutes.
- Wipe out skillet and spray with olive oil. Add the eggs (like a sunny side up) and turn them over after 2 minutes. Let cook for 1 more minute and turn off heat.
- Remove the nacho chips from the oven and place on serving platter. Add the avocado slices on top. Add the eggs on top. Add the beans on top. Drizzle with lime and add cilantro. Salt to taste. Serve hot.
Notes & Tips:
Click here to make the perfect salsa to put on top