Minestrone soup is so popular, here is my version of it in a meat stew form. Be sure to watch my knife skills video on how to chop all these ingredients, so it takes you no time at all!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cauliflower chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green spicy pepper chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- Pat meat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare a Dutch oven on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add meat and sear for 5 minutes per side, in batches if have to.
- Place all meat in pot and add onions, garlic, cauliflower, carrots, pepper and tomatoes. Mix well and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs and spices and cover with water.
- Cover with lid and place in oven for 4 hours.
|Rate this recipe:||