Here is an amazing trick for vegetable stock. Save all the scraps of fresh food that you would normally throw out every week (example: sweet potato peels, tops of onions, leaves of celery, stems of herbs and put it in a large pot and boil for 2 hours, salt to taste and there you have it! The more vegetable scraps the better its flavor!) You can do this and freeze it, you can do it with turkey necks and chicken or beef bones to add more flavor! Then you can strain it and freeze it or strain it right into this soup!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the mushrooms and ginger and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the miso paste, soy sauce and honey and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh scallions.