Burgers without buns are the new thing. They don’t need buns to fill you up and you get to taste the unique flavors of the burger and onions without soggy bread getting in the way. And on a side note, it is much healthier! Enjoy these Moroccan/Indian spiced burgers and you will never buy burgers from takeout ever again!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Olive oil spray
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper finely chopped, seeds removed for less heat
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro stems removed, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions sliced in to rings
- In a large bowl, add the ground meat, onion, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Add half the amount of fresh herbs and spices (cinnamon and curry powder) and mix well. Form into burgers.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the onion rings, olive oil and remaining fresh herbs and spices and mix well.
- Prepare a large grill pan on high heat. Add the onions and let cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the grill pan with olive oil and add the burgers and using your thumb press down the middle part. Let cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Place onions on top of the burgers and serve hot!