This is my never fail cookie recipe! I really don't like baking because I am terrible at following directions and I don't like having to be so exact BUT I have used so many substitutions to this recipe and it has never failed!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325℉. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well
- Use your hands to make thin round cookies and place them on a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Baked for 12 minutes
Notes & Tips:
I often substitute butter with coconut oil or even sometimes techina (tehini)! I substitute the dried cherries with slivered almonds, pistachios or chocolate chips!
how much coconut oil to substitute for the butter?
7 – 8 tablespoons and the oil can be liquid or congealed it does not matter!
If you substitute tehina, how much? Can you sub canola oil?
Yes you can substitute tehina and canola oil – half a cup of either would probably work!