I know there are a lot of ingredients in this recipe and many of which you may not have, but I promise they are worth buying and can all be found in one spice shop. They are Thai spices and ingredients and will make this chicken taste out of this world!!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red chili pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass cut in half
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Prepare a Dutch oven or large pan with lid on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken breast side down and sear for 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 8 minutes, mixing often.
- Add chicken back in breast side down and cover with mixture. Add 2 cups of water and cover pan with lid. Turn heat down to medium-low. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place the kaffir lime leaves, cinnamon stick and stalks of lemongrass into the opening of the chicken and serve.
|Rate this recipe:||