Orange leek whole roasted chicken
I love whole chicken because the white meat is SO juicy and doesn't dry out. You can play around with the ingredients of what you love or have in your home - just be generous with the spices and keep the cooking technique the same for the juiciest whole roasted chicken you have ever had.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 oranges sliced
- 2 leeks sliced, white parts only
- 1/2 chili pepper sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper. Add the oranges, leeks, chili pepper and rosemary to the bottom of the pan as a bed for the chicken.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle and rub with the rest of the ingredients so it is evenly coated.
- Cover and place in oven for 1 hour.
- Turn oven up to 425°F and uncover the chicken. Roast for 20 more minutes.
Notes & Tips:
There are so many advantages to make a chicken whole! It tastes better, it's cheaper, it reheats better! Don't be worried about carving it, watch a video online and you will be set. You can even just let it fall apart! Save the carcass and use it for chicken stock!