Orzo cucumber salad
This dish is SO refreshing! Feel free to use whole wheat orzo or any other pasta instead! Feel free to add in fresh mint, a half a chili pepper and dates for an even more interesting flavor!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 box orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 purple onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cucumbers seeds removed, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions, make sure not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, silan, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Salt to taste.
Notes & Tips:
This pasta goes so well with crumbled cheese or leftover chicken and it lasts surprisingly well in the fridge for at least 4 days. You can make this dish up to 4 days ahead. Just keep the cucumbers, avocado and fresh herbs separate and add in as close to serving as possible.