If you have a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven or saute pan that goes into the oven, skip the baking dish step and then it will be a one pan wonder!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 green chili pepper thinly sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 cups fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- Cut the tops off of the heads of garlic and place onto small pieces of tinfoil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and wrap up like a purse, set into baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper. Add the chicken and season evenly with the salt.
- Prepare a large saute pan on high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken, breast side down and let sear for 3 minutes. Add the onions around the chicken and saute for 3 more minutes, mixing the onions often.
- Turn over the chicken and add the chili pepper and tomatoes and ginger into the onions and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of wine and cook on high heat for 8 more minutes, mixing periodically.
- Place chicken in baking dish, breast side up and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, evenly coat with the rest of the spices, rubbing it into the chicken skin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients around.( leave a small amount of fresh basil for garnish) Cover and place in oven for 1 hour or until evenly cooked through. Carve when cooled, cover in juice, toppings and fresh basil and serve!