This is my version of the popular dish. I love fresh oregano but if you don’t have it basil, rosemary, thyme or mint will do the trick!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 box pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 can crushed and peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 2 teaspoons silan date honey
- 2 tangerines juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- Cook your pasta in a large pot with salt, according to the package instructions (save ¼ cup of the pasta water)
- Prepare a large saute pan or Dutch oven on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the meat and let sear for 6 minutes.
- Mix with wooden spoon and add the rest of the ingredients including the pasta water. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes mixing often.
- Cover tightly, turn the heat down to medium and cook 15 more minutes.
- Add the pasta and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Serve hot.
Notes & Tips:
If you like spicy food, keep the seeds in the chili pepper, it will bring the whole dish to a new level, if you don't like spicy, remove the seeds and only use half the pepper, it won’t be spicy but you will still get the flavor! Use your favorite pasta for this dish, just make sure to not overcook it. If you forget to save some of the pasta water don’t worry it will still be delicious!