This is my version of the popular dish. I love fresh oregano but if you don’t have it basil, rosemary, thyme or mint will do the trick!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 box pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 can crushed and peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 2 teaspoons silan date honey
- 2 tangerines juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- Cook your pasta in a large pot with salt, according to the package instructions (save ¼ cup of the pasta water)
- Prepare a large saute pan or Dutch oven on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the meat and let sear for 6 minutes.
- Mix with wooden spoon and add the rest of the ingredients including the pasta water. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes mixing often.
- Cover tightly, turn the heat down to medium and cook 15 more minutes.
- Add the pasta and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Serve hot.