There is nothing like a good turkey sandwich! It needs to be great bread that is toasted on the outside and soft on the inside. It needs to have the right amount of bread to turkey ratio and lots of flavor. I know there is an extra step here with placing the lettuce and avocado into a bowl and dressing it before putting it in the sandwich but this little trick is the secret to all sandwiches that have lettuce in them.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce cut in half
- 2 avocados sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat rustic bread
- 1 pound smoked turkey thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place lettuce leaves and avocado slices into a medium sized bowl and add remaining dressing from coleslaw (chia seed coleslaw), mix well and set aside.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Place the bread on the grill pan for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and spread with mustard and honey. Add turkey, lettuce and avocado and eat soon after!
Notes & Tips:
Always dress the lettuce with good dressing it will make the biggest flavor difference in the world!