This is a famous Persian green stew called Ghormeh Sabzi. It is not so pretty to look at but beyond delicious. You can find dehydrated limes at all spice shops and in Israel, often in the spice section of a supermarket.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lamb no bone and in chunks
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint chopped
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek powder optional
- 4 dehydrated limes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a Dutch oven on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the lamb in batches if have to and sprinkle with salt and pepper until evenly coated. Sear on each side for 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except ¼ cup of fresh mint) and cover in water and cover tightly with the lid.
- Place in oven and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove and sprinkle with fresh mint.