Persimmons originated in Japan and can now be found around the world. They are a beautiful bright orange fruit with a delicate sweet taste.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 pargiot cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers thinly sliced
- 2 orange peppers thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 long spicy green pepper thinly sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 2 persimmons thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place peppers, balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of olive oil and honey on the parchment paper and mix well. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Mix again and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- In the meantime add salt, garlic powder, paprika and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to chicken and mix well. Place grill pan on high heat and get hot. Place chicken on grill for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and put on serving plate.
- Add sliced persimmons, roasted peppers and drizzle with lemon juice and fresh mint before serve.
Notes & Tips:
Be sure the persimmons are very bright in color and ripe when eating them to avoid bitterness. They are very high in vitamins and antioxidants and also make this dish pop in both flavor and color!