This dressing makes this salad! If you want to have extra pesto to use for other things add all the ingredients to the blender except the vinegar, blend it and take out what you want as pesto and then add the vinegar to turn it into a dressing!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus bottom stems removed
- 2 cups fresh basil stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 nectarines sliced
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup pistachios peeled
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the onions and asparagus and let cook for 5 minutes, mixing often. Remove from heat and place in salad bowl.
- In a food processor, add remaining olive oil, basil, garlic, salt and vinegar, mix until smooth.
- Add lettuce, nectarines and pistachios to salad bowl.
- Add pesto dressing right before serve.