In Israel, this meat is number 2 or number 3. But you can make this with any cut of meat that can be cooked in the oven in liquid for a long period of time (braised).
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can pineapple slices or 1 fresh pineapple, sliced
- 1/2 chili pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons natural smoke flavor optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pat meat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a Dutch oven on high heat. Add olive oil to skillet and let it get hot. Add the meat, searing for 5 minutes per side.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and water until the meat is just covered.
- Cover and place in oven for 4 hours or until the meat is falling apart. (Check on the meat after two hours and add more liquid if necessary).