Poached eggs roasted tomato salad
Poached eggs are usually only something you would get at a restaurant but they are not nearly as hard to make as everyone makes them out to be. Impress your friends or family with this easy and fancy dinner!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil stems removed, roughly chopped
- Prepare a medium sized pot with water on high heat. Bring to a boil and add lentils. Cook about 10 minutes, until you can bite through but not mushy. Drain and place in large salad bowl to cool.
- Rinse out the same pot and fill with water. Place on high heat and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Slowly tip the eggs individually into the water, white part first. Let cook for three minutes.Remove with a slotted spoon and drain all excess water. Set aside.
- Wipe out pot and place back on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, mixing once or twice. Add to the salad bowl.
- In a separate jar add the rest of the olive oil, vinegar, salt, mustard and honey. Mix well.
- Add the fresh basil and lettuce to the bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Place egg on top, sprinkle with more salt and pepper and serve.
Notes & Tips:
When you crack the eggs into the boiling water let them sink to the bottom and don’t touch them. Even if the white part seems to go everywhere its ok and will stick together! Use the same pot for this whole dish, without washing it, just wipe it out with a paper towel or rinse it gently.