Poached eggs are usually only something you would get at a restaurant but they are not nearly as hard to make as everyone makes them out to be. Impress your friends or family with this easy and fancy dinner!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil stems removed, roughly chopped
- Prepare a medium sized pot with water on high heat. Bring to a boil and add lentils. Cook about 10 minutes, until you can bite through but not mushy. Drain and place in large salad bowl to cool.
- Rinse out the same pot and fill with water. Place on high heat and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Slowly tip the eggs individually into the water, white part first. Let cook for three minutes.Remove with a slotted spoon and drain all excess water. Set aside.
- Wipe out pot and place back on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, mixing once or twice. Add to the salad bowl.
- In a separate jar add the rest of the olive oil, vinegar, salt, mustard and honey. Mix well.
- Add the fresh basil and lettuce to the bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Place egg on top, sprinkle with more salt and pepper and serve.
|Rate this recipe:||