Portabello mushrooms with summer herb topping
This is a great appetizer or side dish, and an amazing vegetarian and vegan dish. Feel free to add feta cheese or pulled salmon to add some calcium or protein.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 nectarine sliced
- 1 peach sliced
- 1/2 red chili pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger zested
- 1 lime juiced
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the mushrooms, bowl side down and sear for 4 minutes, turn over and add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes on high heat, be careful because it will be smoky.
- In the meantime add the rest of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Remove the mushrooms bowl side up and place the summery salad on top. Serve warm or room temperature.