Potato basil soup
If you don’t have chicken or vegetable stock, you can use water, just be sure there is enough salt to bring out the flavor of the vegetables. Adding basil here is not for garnish, it is for flavor. The sharpness of the basil will pair well with the sweet and simple flavors of the soup.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 leeks chopped, white parts only
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 cups fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt pink Himalayan
- Prepare a large pot on high heat, add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the potatoes, leeks, celery and onion, and cook for 5 minutes until translucent but not golden.
- Add the water and salt and let cook on high for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are really soft.
- Blend well. Salt to taste and add fresh basil right before serving.