Pumpkin seed rice salad
This recipe is great if you have leftover rice!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt pink himalayan
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 1 cup peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup craisons
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- 4 scallions chopped
- In a large serving bowl add the vinegar, oil, salt, mustard and honey. Whisk well.
- Peel the carrots and discard the peel. Continue peeling with the peeler on all sides until you can't anymore. Chop peels and place them in the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Notes & Tips:
Click here for the perfect rice recipe! I used white basmati rice but it works great with any kind even black rice! It lasts with the dressing for up to 4 days in the fridge. Feel free to get creative with your own ingredients. If you don’t have pumpkin seeds, feel free to add cashews, pine nuts or anything else small and crunchy that you wish!