Red snapper with jalapeno mango salsa
This is a great way to use mangoes when they are in their prime! Try and not be intimidated by the spicy pepper- it adds such flavor and once you get used to it you will find yourself craving it!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 filet red snapper
- 1 teaspoon salt pink
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 ripe mangos pit and peel removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno pepper seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 purple onion peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 limes squeeze to get juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse 5-6 times until roughly chopped, don’t turn to mush! Serve cold or room temperature.
- Bring non stick saute pan to high heat. Add coconut oil. Pat fish dry with towel. Sprinkle with salt on front side. Place front side down in pan for two minutes on each side. Use a fish spatula to turn.
- Serve warm or room temperature. (try to avoid refrigerating in between cooking and eating time) Top with salsa and serve.
How would you recommend making this month’s menu vegetarian?
It can be substituted with tofu, cauliflower, or portabelo mushroom caps