Roasted garlic salad
This recipe is great if you can buy already peeled garlic, because time is money! Make extra of the garlic and it to EVERYTHING. Trust me this roasted garlic becomes an addiction!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces frisee lettuce or any lettuce
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/8 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange peeled and sliced, core saved for dressing
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 purple onion thinly sliced
- Prepare oven to 400°F. Prepare a small bowl (that is oven safe) with parchment paper and add the garlic, vinegar, honey salt and olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Place lettuce, orange and avocado in a salad bowl. Remove garlic from the oven and squeeze in the juice from the orange core and mix. Let the garlic cool a bit. Pour onto salad and mix well.