Roasted Persimmon mint chicken
If you marinate this chicken the night before it will taste even better! You can make this recipe with any version of chicken. I like to roast it whole or anything on the bone, because it is much juicier and creates a lot of liquid.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 chicken legs and thighs with bones and skin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 purple onion thinly sliced
- 2 persimmon sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper. Add the chicken and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle on the spices and rub in well until all pieces are evenly coated. Add the wine and cover.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place chicken on plate. Add the persimmon and mint to the liquid of the chicken and mix well. Salt to taste.
Notes & Tips:
If you can't find persimmon fruit, feel free to substitute it with peaches, plums, nectarines, mangoes, papayas, pomegranates, fresh apricots, or even dried dates or dried sliced apricots or craisons!