This combination is one of my favorites of all time. I could eat chimichurri with every meal. It goes so well with fish, chicken, eggs, beef, lamb….or even just simple roasted sweet potatoes.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lime juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for preserving
- 1/4 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper. Place sweet potatoes in tinfoil and wrap tightly closed. Place in oven for 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl or jar. Only mix right before serving
- When ready to serve sweet potatoes, serve warm or room temperature. Cut into fourths, leaving the skin on and drizzle with chimichurri.