I like this dish because you don’t have to pick off each piece of rosemary from the stems, you just toss them in and they fall off in the cooking process and then when the chicken is cooked you can remove the stems!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 chicken drumsticks (legs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 leeks sliced, white part only
- 1 red chili pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 8 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 box cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the drumsticks, not overlapping, but touching. Work in batches if have to. Sear for 7 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining ingredients except tomato paste and mix well. Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and tomato paste and mix well. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Serve hot with cooked quinoa, rice or barley.