It is crunchy and warm on the outside and soft on the inside, cheese melting but not greasy. You will never order a sandwich in a restaurant again!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 1 long green spicy pepper sliced (seeds removed for less spice)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices rustic bread
- 1 chunk fresh mozzarella thinly sliced into 16 squares
- 1 avocado (large) sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil stems removed
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard or 4
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place parchment paper in baking dish. Add both peppers, olive oil, salt, thyme and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes
- Place slices of bread open on wooden chopping board and spread with mustard on one side.
- Place fresh basil, cheese, and warm peppers
- Place large saute pan on high heat. Close sandwiches and place on pan for 1 ½ minutes per side. Place back on chopping board and cut in half and serve on board!
|Rate this recipe:||