Salad with potatoes, oranges, and pickled onions
Everyone craves a potato dish at their Shabbos table, so here is one that will get you feeling healthy and good about eating potatoes in moderation, while getting so many other incredible nutrients and superfoods!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 potatoes cut into large wedges
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 purple onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 box sprouts optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 oranges skin removed, sliced
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- In the bottom of the serving bowl (or a jar if you are making this in advance) add the remaining olive oil and salt, the white wine vinegar, sugar and purple onions. Let them sit and marinate for at least an hour and up to 3 days!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the potatoes, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and the turmeric powder. Bake for 45 minutes or until crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Add the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients to the serving bowl when ready to eat and mix well.