Pickling things can be so fun! Buy pretty little jars and make some for your friends! This mixture goes great in salads, on grilled fish or chicken or just as a condiment on the table. It lasts up to a week in your fridge but tastes the best the day of or the next day.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 filet salmon skin on
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 peaches sliced
- 2 purple onions sliced
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large jar or container Add all the ingredients except the salmon, coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let the jar sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 5 days.
- Sprinkle the salmon with 1 teaspoon of salt. Prepare a skillet on high heat and get hot. Add the coconut oil and get hot. Add the salmon skin side down and sear for 4-7 minutes per side, depending on how thick your salmon is.
- Remove and add pickled mixture without its liquid. Serve the salmon, hot, warm or room temperature.