This salad is a full meal, filled with protein, calcium, whole wheat carbs and so much more. Feel free to play around with the raw ingredients and to leave out the olives or bean sprouts if you wish!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 beets peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 box bean sprouts optional
- 1 cup Olives
- 2 pounds salmon no skin or bones
- 2 whole wheat pitas cut into squares and triangles
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon zaatar spice blend
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tuscany spice blend
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the beets, sweet potatoes,, ¼ cup of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix well until evenly incorporated.Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place salmon face side down, moving the beets and sweet potatoes over and placing them on top of the salmon. Cover and cook for 17 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and pull apart the salmon into large chunks and place in the salad bowl.
- Add the sprouts, lettuce and olives to the salad bowl.
- Prepare the same sheet pan with a new parchment paper. Add the pita bites and spray them with olive oil. Add the zaatar, remaining salt, and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Place in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- In a small jar add the remaining olive oil, rice vinegar and Tuscany spice blend. Shake well and add to salad.
- Add croutons right when they come out and enjoy!
|Rate this recipe:||